I have been on a personal journey for a number of years. Part of that journey has been a growing heartache regarding the accelerating deterioration of the American culture and the American family. The sense of loss and a remarkable hope for the future inspired an increasing desire to share many thoughts with an expanding number of people.
After thinking about it for a while, I decided that a blog is the best medium. The Internet is a familiar medium, providing easy access from virtually anywhere. It provides a platform for immediate feedback and ongoing conversations. E-mail is fast, but it excludes others from the discussions. Blogs also allow for archiving discussions for retrieval later.
Here’s how I anticipate this working. Periodically, I will write a new post, perhaps one to several times a week. I have recently completed writing a book entitled, Life Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness: YOU Must Save America and the Family. Some, but not all, posts may be exciting excerpts from the book.
Have fun with the multi-party discussion. I want to hear “the good, the bad, and the ugly.” If you disagree with me, any of the commenters, or want to provide an alternative perspective, go for it! If you are uncomfortable using your real name, use an alias. The important thing is to tell me what’s on your mind.
Here’s how to zoom in on preferred topics. There are two red icons at the top of the navigation pane on the left side of the screen.
- One icon looks like three horizontal lines;
- the other icon looks like a folder.
Clicking these icons toggles between the condensed navigation bar and the expanded navigation bar.
- Three lines icon: The program defaults to the condensed navigation pane.
- Folder icon: Clicking on the folder icon opens the expanded navigation pane. There you will see
- “Archives,” that enables viewing all the blog messages posted in a given month. You will also see a list of
- “Categories” Clicking on any of them will allow you to view all the blog messages posted in that category, regardless of when they were posted.
Clicking on the three lines icon returns the display to the condensed navigation bar (default) conserving a bit of space.