A Homemaker enjoys the most influential and vital career in the universe. She is responsible for the stability of a culture and the cohesiveness of the family. She is the panoramic link in time, connecting the generations. She links the past to the future, ancestors to descendants. She is primarily responsible for raising the children in a manner that stabilizes their future and transmits critically important values to the next generation. In short, she makes the home the most desirable place in the universe for her family.
When the homemaker leaves the home, love leaves like air out of a flat tire. The home becomes the house, little more than the building where everyone comes to sleep at night.
Consider the fruit of a family-centered family as opposed to a career-centered family:
- Builds strong cohesive families when Dad is responsible for standard-of-living and Mom is responsible for quality-of-life
- Promotes a partnership between married men and women that grows closer with time
- Children reared by those who love them most…Mom and Dad
- Low risk monogamous sex provides for pleasure and reproduction
- Number and frequency of venereal diseases sharply reduced and largely eliminated
- Few abortions, because the unborn child is an expression of the parents’ love
- One man; one woman; one lifetime is the stable marriage norm accepted for six millennia
- Men and women both desire the stability of marriage
- Stable relationships between a man and a woman due to the certainty of the marriage commitment
- Infrequent divorce due to love and respect for spouse as well as responsibility for children
- Legacy of cultural stability passed on to successive generations
- Children experience and enjoy the complementary influences of a mom and a dad
- “Alternative lifestyles” viewed as against nature, culturally destructive, and inappropriate especially when children are involved
- Children are more stable, less stressed, more secure, and behavior is more predictable and…when necessary…more controllable
- Husband and father is vital to the well-being of the family
- Preserves and reinforces the sanctity of life and sanctity of marriage
- Protects and reinforces the sovereignty of the family
- Lifestyle evokes a happier and healthier woman and strong family relationships
What do you think? Have we lost something vitally important in our modern American culture?