A previous blog, “Sovereignty: Free Family v. Controlling State,” discussed the perpetual tension between the sovereign family and the sovereign state. In recent decades, the federal government has been winning that tug-of-war at an accelerating pace that is nothing less than frightening. Here’s how:
The state breaches family sovereignty by:
- Encouraging divorce, abortion, euthanasia, assisted suicide
- Removing children from their family
- Tacitly for ever increasing amounts of “education”
- Physically for an ever-widening list of alleged “abuses”
- Dilution/diffusion (ever broadening definition of “family” to include a growing list of “alternative lifestyles”)
- Increasing control over personal health, including life and death decisions
- Promoting radical feminism and materialism, which undermine and scatter the family
- Attacking the traditional amazingly complementary roles of family members
- Facilitating a progressively increasing dependence on government
- Replacing traditional family values with evolution-rooted post-modern views (no god; no absolute/objective truth; no single universal set of best values)
- Promoting multiculturalism over traditional Judeo-Christian culture and values
- Adopting a suffocating array of ever increasing over-zealous and over-reaching regulations
All is not lost. God is still in charge. By a huge majority, Americans still claim a faith in God. If they learn the importance of voting for candidates of strong character, we’ll be well on the road to recovering freedom and reducing government intrusion into family life.
The Founders referred to the right to vote as won with blood, precious, important and vital. They also often referred to voting as casting the “sacred vote.” We are called to vote for candidates of strong character, because one of our great purposes in this life is to grow in godly character. Only candidates exhibiting strong character are able to understand the importance of God-given freedom.
What do you think? Are you willing to fight and vote for freedom restoration for your children and grandchildren?